Re: I wonder what the smile of Sysiphys means to you

  • new_trail_blazer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2004
      Hi Dave,

      I'm more concerned with why nearly everyone I see, save for a few
      children and young folks here and there and now and then, have a look
      of quiet desperation on their faces. And what it's going to take to
      bring genuine wall-to-wall peace, joy, and smiles of happiness to
      humanity everywhere.

      Bob M.

      P. S. What's your take on Camus' rock-roller, or is it pusher?

      --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, David Newman
      <davenru@t...> wrote:
      > as he rolls the rock up the hill in Camus famous tale?
    • neurom9999
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2004
        Bob,

        Do you mean there's an existential alternative to quiet
        desperation? ;) What's worse? To find that all your efforts pushing
        the rock to the top of the mountain have been in vain, or to find the
        sharp sword of reason rendered useless when confronted by the Hydra,
        or to be faced with the Seven Labors of Hercules--and you're not
        Hercules?

        Sorry. Just got up on the wrong side of the Procrustean Bed. Had a
        lot of setbacks lately...

        ----Dennis

        --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, new_trail_blazer

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2004
          Be grateful for the setbacks Dennis, no pain-no gain. Just keep on
          getting out of bed, regardless of which side you do.

          Bob M.

          --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "neurom9999"