I wonder what the smile of Sysiphys means to you

  • David Newman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9 11:39 AM
      as he rolls the rock up the hill in Camus famous tale?
    • new_trail_blazer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10 6:22 AM
        Hi Dave,

        I'm more concerned with why nearly everyone I see, save for a few
        children and young folks here and there and now and then, have a look
        of quiet desperation on their faces. And what it's going to take to
        bring genuine wall-to-wall peace, joy, and smiles of happiness to
        humanity everywhere.

        Bob M.

        P. S. What's your take on Camus' rock-roller, or is it pusher?

        --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, David Newman
        <davenru@t...> wrote:
        > as he rolls the rock up the hill in Camus famous tale?
      • neurom9999
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17 1:54 AM
          Bob,

          Do you mean there's an existential alternative to quiet
          desperation? ;) What's worse? To find that all your efforts pushing
          the rock to the top of the mountain have been in vain, or to find the
          sharp sword of reason rendered useless when confronted by the Hydra,
          or to be faced with the Seven Labors of Hercules--and you're not
          Hercules?

          Sorry. Just got up on the wrong side of the Procrustean Bed. Had a
          lot of setbacks lately...

          ----Dennis

          --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, new_trail_blazer

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 17 3:57 AM
            Be grateful for the setbacks Dennis, no pain-no gain. Just keep on
            getting out of bed, regardless of which side you do.

            Bob M.

            --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "neurom9999"