Re: [The Existential Society] The road to find out - purpose of Creation

  • honeybaby2012
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
      Dear Helen,
      It is not possible to discuss creation & existing without talking
      about religion and trinity etc…
      You see religion explains why we exist, and who created us, and what
      is the purpose of our existence.

      Good luck.

      --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, helen steen
      <hjsgermany2000@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Honey
      > With all due respect I would like to ask you why you are
      addressing this particular group on the topics of the Holy Trinity
      and the purpose of creation?
      > Not that I mind so much, just wondering.
      > But generally speaking (correct me if I am wrong, everyone) by
      definition most existentialists are concerned with existing and the
      here and now and matters within our control. Yes, by all
      means 'evidence' so to speak that may shed light on the meaning and
      purpose of life is of interest perhaps, but in my view generally not
      such speculative 'evidence' as you propose here.

> [...]
      shall
      > know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Muslims
      believe
      > that the existing form of the Bible contains facts of the original
      > truth though it has been significantly altered.)
      >
      > Fourth, one can determine the true path and make a rational and
      > correct decision only if emotions and prejudices, which often
      blind
      > one to reality, are put aside.
      >
      > Have you ever wondered about the reason of our existence?
      >
      > Have you ever wondered why we die, and where we go after death?
      >
      > What will happen to us in the end?
      >
      > Have you ever asked yourself why God made the earth and all that
      is
      > in it under man's dominion?
      >
      > Why were the night and the day, and the sun and the moon created?
      >
      > What are we supposed to do during our lifetime?
      >
      > Were we created just to eat, drink, and enjoy ourselves before we
      > die?
      > As one poet put it:
      >
      > "I do not know whence I have come.
      >
      > I saw my feet walking on the road.
      >
      > As they please I go and stop.
      >
      > What am I doing here?
      >
      > How did the road find me?
      >
      > I do not know! I do not know! I do not know! "
      >
      > God has emphasized in many verses of the Qur'an that He did not
      > create us without purpose. He said:
      >
      > Quran (23:115) "Did ye then think that We had created you in jest,
      > and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?"
      >
      > He also said: Does Man think that he will be left uncontrolled,
      > (without purpose) (75:36) In addition, He said: "Do people think
      > that they will be left to say: "We believe," and they will not be
      > held accountable?" (29:2)
      >
      > Indeed, God Has created human beings for a purpose and with a
      > purpose: TO WORSHIP HIM ALONE (Monotheism). He said: "I have not
      > created the Jinn and humankind except only to worship Me. I don't
      > require provision or feeding from them. Surely Allah4 is the All-
      > provider, the Possessor of all strength, the Firm." (51:56-58)
      >
      > In fact, all prophets told their people to worship God alone
      > (Monotheism) and shun worshipping His creation (Paganism). God
      > said: "I assuredly sent among every people a messenger with the
      > command: Worship Allah and avoid worshipping false gods." (16:36)
      >
      > 2 Qur'an is the Holy Book revealed to Prophet Muhammad (mercy and
      > peace of God be upon him). Elaborate definition of Qur'an is
      > explained on page 22. 3 Please note that any quotation in this
      > booklet from the Qur'an is the closest meaning to its translation
      > from Arabic. It is not the text itself. 4 As per Qur'an, "Allah"
      is
      > the proper name for " God ".
      >

      > Prophet Abraham, for example, believed in One God, who had no
      > partner. Anyone who holds a different understanding of God than
      this
      > has contradicted the religion of Abraham and follows falsehood.
      God
      > says in the Qur'an: "Those who reject the religion of Abraham make
      > fools of themselves." (2:130).
      >
      > Prophet Jesus was reported in the Gospels to have said: "It is
      > written:`Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only'." (Luke 4:8)
      >
      > Prophet Jacob also said (in the Quran) to his people: "Indeed,
      those
      > which you worship besides Allah are only names that you and your
      > forefathers have established, for which Allah has sent down no
      > authority. The command belongs only to Allah. He has commanded
      that
      > you worship none but Him. That is the right religion, but most
      > people do not understand." (12:40)
      >
      > With my best wishes to all.
      > Honey
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      > Click Here

      Service.

    • helen steen
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
        Hi Honey,
        That is your opinion.
        I have another altogether different opinion that does not link religion with the most feasible (in my view) theory of creation.
        Still, it does not follow...why this group? Was my question.

        Best Regards
        Helen

        <hjsgermany2000@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        > partner. Anyone who holds a different understanding of God than
        this
        > has contradicted the religion of Abraham and follows falsehood.
        God
        > says in the Qur'an: "Those who reject the religion of Abraham make
        > fools of themselves." (2:130).
        >
        > Prophet Jesus was reported in the Gospels to have said: "It is
        > written:`Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only'." (Luke 4:8)
        >
        > Prophet Jacob also said (in the Quran) to his people: "Indeed,
        those
        > which you worship besides Allah are only names that you and your
        > forefathers have established, for which Allah has sent down no
        > authority. The command belongs only to Allah. He has commanded
        that
        > you worship none but Him. That is the right religion, but most

        Service.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        Click Here

      • A. W.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
          --- honeybaby2012 <honeybaby2012@...> wrote:

          > You see religion explains why we exist, and who created us, and what
          > is the purpose of our existence.

          No, religion tells us of someone who could have created us, and teach us a way that might be the
          purpose of our existence. Personally, religion is just a way of conditioning human minds to accept
          the suffering of the world under the presence of moral divinity, so we will not judge and shall
          only act by the law of god, morality... now transformed into the law of the government.
          You see, information created from top levels of authorities, if very well constructed and very
          well accepted by the masses, it becomes a form of reality to every newborn to the rest of his
          life.
          But religion is just an option, not an obligation, and it is hard, yes, to block that image of a
          god with a long beard who will punish us if we do wrong in life or will reward us with an eternal
          heaven if we do good in life, but if you understand the human brain, fear and the
          reward-punishment system is just ways of manipulating masses into calmness and into submission. In
          that way religion closes minds and stops individuals to gain knowledge of existence from other
          sources.
          Religion is dangerous, it was created by people in power, and actual reality and history of the
          past is what the actual authorities of religions, education and government "official" versions
          tells you. But if you understand the humans will always think they are right... you see... you
          wont see in 60 or a 100 years in your history book: "Iraq invasion was an attempt to gain energy
          resources and domnate the middle east by the USA", you will see "Iraq invasion was a way to bring
          peace and democracy to a terrorized nation by the USA". History is very much distorted, a lot, for
          the interest of a group of people, and religion is the authority with most of the mind control
          capabilities to inflict fear on people, because they understand humans need beliefs and blind
          faith so they can go on with their life. God is just a word, G O D, it can mean anything. The only
          reality is the one you can program your brain with. You are god, and you establish the moral way
          of your existence.

> [...]
          > > partner. Anyone who holds a different understanding of God than
          > this
          > > has contradicted the religion of Abraham and follows falsehood.
          > God
          > > says in the Qur'an: "Those who reject the religion of Abraham make
          > > fools of themselves." (2:130).
          > >
          > > Prophet Jesus was reported in the Gospels to have said: "It is
          > > written:`Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only'." (Luke 4:8)
          > >
          > > Prophet Jacob also said (in the Quran) to his people: "Indeed,
          > those
          > > which you worship besides Allah are only names that you and your
          > > forefathers have established, for which Allah has sent down no
          > > authority. The command belongs only to Allah. He has commanded
          > that
          > > you worship none but Him. That is the right religion, but most

          === message truncated ===

          =====
          http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
        • Will Quinn
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2004
            Dear all,
            Though I do beleive in God, I would also agree with
            A.W. when he writes that man extsablished his own
            moral way of existence. I believe in God, not just
            due emotional expierience. I know that the belief in
            God and in Christ is aesthically appealing,
            comforting, and, what's more, possibly true. It gives
            me a reason to try to make the world better.
            Religion is often a tool of the government or those in
            power, and that is why I am no fan of organized
            religion. I prefer my own personal relationship with
            God, and with other believers as opposed to the
            liturgy of most established churches. If you are to
            not be manipulated by governments or factions, you
            must come to your own beliefs independently, and stand
            for these beliefs regardless of what others tell you.
            You make your own way, you, the individual. Even if
            it has been tread before, that doesn't mean you didn't
            choose to be on it, or that it isn't your way.

            Will Quinn