The road to find out - purpose of Creation

  • honeybaby2012
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2004
      Dear All,
      First I would like to thank you all for giving me the opportunity to
      write in your Group, and for being patient, my greetings to you all.

      Each person is born in a religious environment that is not of
      his/her own choice.
      From the very beginning of human existence in this world, they are
      assigned the religion of their family or the ideology of the state.
      By the time individuals reach their teens they usually accept the
      beliefs of their parents or that of their particular society.

      However, when some people mature and are exposed to other beliefs
      and ideologies, they begin to question the validity of their own
      beliefs. Seekers of truth often reach a point of confusion upon
      realizing that believers of every religion, sect, ideology and
      philosophy all claim to have the one and only correct religion or
      ideology.

      There are only three possibilities. They are either all correct; all
      wrong or only one is correct and the rest are wrong. They cannot all
      be right since all religions are different
      from each other in their fundamentals. Furthermore, the majority
      claim that they alone are correct and the rest are wrong. On the
      other hand, to claim that they are all wrong is to deny that God
      revealed His will to humankind.

      This proposition is absurd to those who believe in a Wise Creator.
      So, which religion is the right one and how can the seeker of truth
      know it? This is the subject of the booklet in your hands.
      In beginning one's search for which religion is true, one should
      keep in mind four things in mind:

      First, God gave us abilities and intellects to make the crucial
      decision: WHAT IS THE TRUE RELIGION?

      Second, God, the Most Compassionate, did not leave us to go astray
      without any guidance. Indeed, He sent us prophets with scriptures to
      show us the right path.

      Third, seeking the true religion should be the most important thing
      in one's life because the everlasting life to come depends on it.
      (The Bible, in its present form, confirms that seeking the truth is
      the main cause for salvation. It states in John 8:32: "And ye shall
      know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Muslims believe
      that the existing form of the Bible contains facts of the original
      truth though it has been significantly altered.)

      Fourth, one can determine the true path and make a rational and
      correct decision only if emotions and prejudices, which often blind
      one to reality, are put aside.

      Have you ever wondered about the reason of our existence?

      Have you ever wondered why we die, and where we go after death?

      What will happen to us in the end?

      Have you ever asked yourself why God made the earth and all that is
      in it under man's dominion?

      Why were the night and the day, and the sun and the moon created?

      What are we supposed to do during our lifetime?

      Were we created just to eat, drink, and enjoy ourselves before we
      die?
      As one poet put it:

      "I do not know whence I have come.

      I saw my feet walking on the road.

      As they please I go and stop.

      What am I doing here?

      How did the road find me?

      I do not know! I do not know! I do not know! "

      God has emphasized in many verses of the Qur'an that He did not
      create us without purpose. He said:

      Quran (23:115) "Did ye then think that We had created you in jest,
      and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?"

      He also said: Does Man think that he will be left uncontrolled,
      (without purpose) (75:36) In addition, He said: "Do people think
      that they will be left to say: "We believe," and they will not be
      held accountable?" (29:2)

      Indeed, God Has created human beings for a purpose and with a
      purpose: TO WORSHIP HIM ALONE (Monotheism). He said: "I have not
      created the Jinn and humankind except only to worship Me. I don't
      require provision or feeding from them. Surely Allah4 is the All-
      provider, the Possessor of all strength, the Firm." (51:56-58)

      In fact, all prophets told their people to worship God alone
      (Monotheism) and shun worshipping His creation (Paganism). God
      said: "I assuredly sent among every people a messenger with the
      command: Worship Allah and avoid worshipping false gods." (16:36)

      2 Qur'an is the Holy Book revealed to Prophet Muhammad (mercy and
      peace of God be upon him). Elaborate definition of Qur'an is
      explained on page 22. 3 Please note that any quotation in this
      booklet from the Qur'an is the closest meaning to its translation
      from Arabic. It is not the text itself. 4 As per Qur'an, "Allah" is
      the proper name for " God ".

      Prophet Abraham, for example, believed in One God, who had no
      partner. Anyone who holds a different understanding of God than this
      has contradicted the religion of Abraham and follows falsehood. God
      says in the Qur'an: "Those who reject the religion of Abraham make
      fools of themselves." (2:130).

      Prophet Jesus was reported in the Gospels to have said: "It is
      written:`Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only'." (Luke 4:8)

      Prophet Jacob also said (in the Quran) to his people: "Indeed, those
      which you worship besides Allah are only names that you and your
      forefathers have established, for which Allah has sent down no
      authority. The command belongs only to Allah. He has commanded that
      you worship none but Him. That is the right religion, but most
      people do not understand." (12:40)

      With my best wishes to all.
      Honey
    • helen steen
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2004
        Hello Honey
        With all due respect I would like to ask you why you are addressing this particular group on the topics of the Holy Trinity and the purpose of creation?
        Not that I mind so much, just wondering.
        But generally speaking (correct me if I am wrong, everyone) by definition most existentialists are concerned with existing and the here and now and matters within our control. Yes, by all means 'evidence' so to speak that may shed light on the meaning and purpose of life is of interest perhaps, but in my view generally not such speculative 'evidence' as you propose here.

        Best Regards
        Helen

        honeybaby2012 <honeybaby2012@...> wrote:
        Dear All,
        First I would like to thank you all for giving me the opportunity to
        write in your Group, and for being patient, my greetings to you all.

        Each person is born in a religious environment that is not of
        his/her own choice.
        From the very beginning of human existence in this world, they are
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        Click Here

      • honeybaby2012
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
          Dear Helen,
          It is not possible to discuss creation & existing without talking
          about religion and trinity etc…
          You see religion explains why we exist, and who created us, and what
          is the purpose of our existence.

          Good luck.

          --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, helen steen

          Service.

        • helen steen
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
            Hi Honey,
            That is your opinion.
            I have another altogether different opinion that does not link religion with the most feasible (in my view) theory of creation.
            Still, it does not follow...why this group? Was my question.

            <hjsgermany2000@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            > partner. Anyone who holds a different understanding of God than
            this
            > has contradicted the religion of Abraham and follows falsehood.
            God
            > says in the Qur'an: "Those who reject the religion of Abraham make
            > fools of themselves." (2:130).
            >
            > Prophet Jesus was reported in the Gospels to have said: "It is
            > written:`Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only'." (Luke 4:8)
            >
            > Prophet Jacob also said (in the Quran) to his people: "Indeed,
            those
            > which you worship besides Allah are only names that you and your
            > forefathers have established, for which Allah has sent down no
            > authority. The command belongs only to Allah. He has commanded
            that
            > you worship none but Him. That is the right religion, but most

            Service.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
            Click Here

          • A. W.
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
              --- honeybaby2012 <honeybaby2012@...> wrote:

              > You see religion explains why we exist, and who created us, and what
              > is the purpose of our existence.

              No, religion tells us of someone who could have created us, and teach us a way that might be the
              purpose of our existence. Personally, religion is just a way of conditioning human minds to accept
              the suffering of the world under the presence of moral divinity, so we will not judge and shall
              only act by the law of god, morality... now transformed into the law of the government.
              You see, information created from top levels of authorities, if very well constructed and very
              well accepted by the masses, it becomes a form of reality to every newborn to the rest of his
              life.
              But religion is just an option, not an obligation, and it is hard, yes, to block that image of a
              god with a long beard who will punish us if we do wrong in life or will reward us with an eternal
              heaven if we do good in life, but if you understand the human brain, fear and the
              reward-punishment system is just ways of manipulating masses into calmness and into submission. In
              that way religion closes minds and stops individuals to gain knowledge of existence from other
              sources.
              Religion is dangerous, it was created by people in power, and actual reality and history of the
              past is what the actual authorities of religions, education and government "official" versions
              tells you. But if you understand the humans will always think they are right... you see... you
              wont see in 60 or a 100 years in your history book: "Iraq invasion was an attempt to gain energy
              resources and domnate the middle east by the USA", you will see "Iraq invasion was a way to bring
              peace and democracy to a terrorized nation by the USA". History is very much distorted, a lot, for
              the interest of a group of people, and religion is the authority with most of the mind control
              capabilities to inflict fear on people, because they understand humans need beliefs and blind
              faith so they can go on with their life. God is just a word, G O D, it can mean anything. The only
              reality is the one you can program your brain with. You are god, and you establish the moral way
              of your existence.

> [...]
              > > partner. Anyone who holds a different understanding of God than
              > this
              > > has contradicted the religion of Abraham and follows falsehood.
              > God
              > > says in the Qur'an: "Those who reject the religion of Abraham make
              > > fools of themselves." (2:130).
              > >
              > > Prophet Jesus was reported in the Gospels to have said: "It is
              > > written:`Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only'." (Luke 4:8)
              > >
              > > Prophet Jacob also said (in the Quran) to his people: "Indeed,
              > those
              > > which you worship besides Allah are only names that you and your
              > > forefathers have established, for which Allah has sent down no
              > > authority. The command belongs only to Allah. He has commanded
              > that
              > > you worship none but Him. That is the right religion, but most

              === message truncated ===

              =====
              http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
            • Will Quinn
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 19, 2004
                Dear all,
                Though I do beleive in God, I would also agree with
                A.W. when he writes that man extsablished his own
                moral way of existence. I believe in God, not just
                due emotional expierience. I know that the belief in
                God and in Christ is aesthically appealing,
                comforting, and, what's more, possibly true. It gives
                me a reason to try to make the world better.
                Religion is often a tool of the government or those in
                power, and that is why I am no fan of organized
                religion. I prefer my own personal relationship with
                God, and with other believers as opposed to the
                liturgy of most established churches. If you are to
                not be manipulated by governments or factions, you
                must come to your own beliefs independently, and stand
                for these beliefs regardless of what others tell you.
                You make your own way, you, the individual. Even if
                it has been tread before, that doesn't mean you didn't
                choose to be on it, or that it isn't your way.

                Will Quinn