  • meminemind
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2003
      What does a seventeen year old know about existentialism? Stealing
      things I read just yesterday as if they are inborn yet at the same
      time having an immediate understanding that they are. It would be
      years before knowing actually took hold, perhaps more experiencing.
      Comprehending doesn't neccasarily mean knowing. Just like falling in
      love with Nietzsche the second time around, hating him intially. And
      he was right after reading his brand of philosophy all else becomes
      bland, like a dictionary without the letter W. Yet you still must
      read so reading take on three forms: the Bible, required and
      pleasure, the later many times coming together. Putting the Bible
      down and picking up The Will To Power in some sort of perverse
      delight that I have to sit on the floor. And this coming from
      someone who hasn't even read the New Testament, how daring! --Oh
      discovering how weak I am in upholding my outer world hand in hand
      with my imaginary revenge in that I can't handle very much reality
      (Eliot). --Arguing with an existentialist at a party, arguments I've
      lived knowing that a conclusion can never be met, the evasion God and
      sin, but afterall Christ did come as a Sword. --Rejoicing in self
      overcoming and style, playing leap frog, and to throw a curve finding
      freedom in the most hated, Christ, my most loved. --And even still
      in His peace understanding the little eternal recurrence, the Yes to
      every, the intracacies, no longer fate but destiny, the exaltation of
      the morning risen on the noon (Milton). But who am I to speak of
      Nietzsche, I am ignorant on the greater part: I haven't dove in for
      nearly a year, but he does write beuatifully, yes? And Christ, He
      speaks for himself and will again. --I got the monthly flier from my
      apartments today. The calander said July was National Anti-Boredom
      month, I said "Sure."

      "Human life begins on the far side of despair." -Sartre "The Flies"