Re: [The Existential Society] Re: Am I just greedy and spoilt? A matter of in...

  • kineticenergy78@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18 3:20 AM
      In a message dated 5/17/2003 8:57:13 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
      how8lae@... writes:

      > As for meaning in life that is something you must find for
      > yourself,because that is not something that is handed out or
      > guaranteed to anyone.

      This is an interesting point. Is it meaning that we find? or is it meaning
      that we create? It has been argued that we all have a specific purpose or
      meaning in life. If this is the case, then it sort of diminishes our free
      will. eh? if our lives have not a meaning until we create it, then in the
      context of the whole, our lives may potentially be meaningless. maybe meaning
      and purpose... maybe they are like paths... ok, follow me on this one... you
      are placed at a trail head in the forest. you can choose a multiple of ways,
      OR you can decide to create your own path with resistence from your
      environment which pre-exists, and like many universal things, wants you to
      take the path of least resistence...
      back to my main question though... is our life's meaning/purpose created or
      given to us? any thoughts?