Walt Whitman

  • new_trail_blazer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2002
      I could turn and live with animals, they are so
      placid and self-contained, <br><br>I stand and look at
      them long and long; <br><br>They do not sweat and
      whine about their condition. <br><br>They do not lie
      awake in the dark and weep for their sins. <br><br>Not
      one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the
      mania of owning things, <br><br>Not one kneels to
      another, nor to his kind that lived thousands of years
      ago. <br><br>Not one is respectable or unhappy over
      the whole earth. <br><br>'Song of Myself'