Re: Life everywhere is perfect (cont)

  • manitouliner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2002
      Your posts read kind of like legal contracts
      written by a lawyer on acid, so you'll have to correct me
      if I misinterpret something you've said. From what I
      gather, a centered person feels a higher calling while
      others are just going through the motions of living.
      Fair enough. I agree that it takes a certain amount of
      psychological initiate to ask "Just because everyone around me
      is pursuing X, Y, or Z, does that I mean I should
      also?" But there are many ways to lead a meaningful
      existence, and in previous posts you seem to have a rather
      narrow definition of what that should be. Again I wonder
      how you can be so sure that the quality of your own
      feelings, "feelings of a purely and deeply sensuous and
      expansive nature," are so very different from others,
      without climbing into their heads and observing
      them.<br><br>If it really is a journey, as you say, is it
      entirely fair to criticize those who are at different
      points along the path? Unless you are easily manipulated
      and influenced, is it also necessary to isolate
      yourself from others who are "less centered"? Even the
      Dali Lama sees no conflict between seeking
      enlightenment and having a wife and a job. There is a prayer in
      Buddhism that ends, "May I achieve Buddhahood to benefit
      all sentient beings." I guess I see your spiritual
      journey to completeness as being a somewhat vain attempt
      at self-perfection for its own sake.