Re: Freedom

  • LordMystick
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2001
      We are as free as we choose to be. Whether
      immersed in the THEY-self, or a being free-from the THEY,
      we still have a choice to make. One version is not
      so free then the former. <br><br>Although social
      science majors will state often, as in political science,
      qualitative research such as surveys, questionaires, focus
      groups etc, that we are a product of our environment,
      and that socialization is the quasi-scientific
      explanation of how we are determined. Human beings are not so
      determined to be one thing, but can rather choose what
      posture, direction, or mode of intentionality that they
      may choose in relation to an object. <br><br>The
      socialized being can either become something entirely
      trapped in his own conditioning, or he can alter those
      parameters that people set upon himself to become the
      conditioner of his own conditioning. However, this takes a
      special kind of mind, one, who in Heideggarian terms is
      authentic. <br><br>LM