ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

  • Wordist
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2001
      Is everyone asleep? Or have we exhausted the
      subject of Existentialism?<br><br>I just returned from my
      first Zen retreat. Interesting, how Buddhism exposes
      the subject of "self". I heard a quote from the
      Sutras, "Don't seek yourself outside yourself."
      Immediately I remembered Emerson's opening line in his essay,
      "Self-Reliance", which reads, "Ne te, quaesiveris extra" (Do not
      seek yourself outside yourself). Interesting how
      concepts get recycled, hundreds (thousands perhaps) of
      years later. Then we have the concepts of Self
      considered here in this forum.