Re: Seven

  • nihil_est_quod
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      you are right, i dont really have a clue of what
      i am talking about, especially, in the context of
      others, but you should know this better than
      others.<br><br>take your reply for instance, it is of a secondary
      quality because it has been filtered through this gadamer
      and etcs. after the filteration process what remains
      is what you understand or perceive to understand,
      but what you understand or perceive to understand is
      it of a first quality as something you know for
      yourself. something gained independently.<br><br>your
      inability or refusal to represent yourself as yourself has
      been at the core of our many disagreements in
      whichever false face you appear in. whenever things,
      whatever they may be are acquired through some apparatus
      besides your own eyes and brain combination is of a
      secondary quality. you are not the eyes of the beholder, as
      it is said. you are its audience. you are watching
      it interpret and perform. you are limited by its
      artfulness, by its vision. it tells you want it is and how
      you should react to it. it defines the moment while
      excluding you the audience. it both implies and infers. oh
      well, when one lives in a hyperreality, one can be
      there without actually being there.<br><br>what did
      lyotard say about art trying to represent the holocaust.
      that such events, reality, resides outside the
      sayable, far, far outside the representable. that is, it
      is reality and reality is beyond the grasp and scope
      of art. i believe he called the unrepresentable
      other or something along those lines.<br><br>as for art
      what art is, i will allow the experts, producers, and
      patrons to define it, as for me i think my kindergarden
      and first grade stick paintings were the highest form
      of art. i mean, they flowed from my being without me
      having to "suffer" or ponder my being.<br><br>i am
      sorry, but being unsatisfactory is the epitome of
      myself. i must always give that which is unwanted.