Re: Existence, essence

  • linus_from_the_moon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 12:53 PM
      entity of many syllables, what you have written
      about Sartre sounds true. But I think the proposition
      that existence precedes essence has enormous
      implications for Sartre's system.<br><br>It is all very
      religious. As Heidegger would say, you can write the
      word/concept being under erasure but you can't rid yourself of
      the metaphysical nature of it even if you do so. even
      if you place being under erasure, its trace remains
      in the very action of the erasure.