1664Re: I wonder what the smile of Sysiphys means to you

  • neurom9999
    Aug 17, 2004

      Do you mean there's an existential alternative to quiet
      desperation? ;) What's worse? To find that all your efforts pushing
      the rock to the top of the mountain have been in vain, or to find the
      sharp sword of reason rendered useless when confronted by the Hydra,
      or to be faced with the Seven Labors of Hercules--and you're not

      Sorry. Just got up on the wrong side of the Procrustean Bed. Had a
      lot of setbacks lately...

      --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, new_trail_blazer
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Dave,
      > I'm more concerned with why nearly everyone I see, save for a
      > children and young folks here and there and now and then, have a
      > of quiet desperation on their faces. And what it's going to take to
      > bring genuine wall-to-wall peace, joy, and smiles of happiness to
      > humanity everywhere.
      > Bob M.
      > P. S. What's your take on Camus' rock-roller, or is it pusher?
      > --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, David Newman
      > <davenru@t...> wrote:
      > > as he rolls the rock up the hill in Camus famous tale?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic