Re: [Soapstone] Hello Scouters!

  • macunnin@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
      I invite all troups to my office this Saturday to help in a disaster relief drive next to the Regional Scout Meeting location....especially those Scouts in Troup 2500 (my sons)....

      Martin A. Cunningham

      from 11am-3pm

      free food & drinks given to those who donate

      Liberty Tax Service
      4802 Flat Shoals Road
      Decatur, Georgia 30034
      404.993.4338

      > From: "creativitycounts2" <creativitycounts2@...>
      > Date: 2005/08/31 Wed PM 10:21:25 EDT
      > To: Soapstone@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Soapstone] Hello Scouters!

    • Lynne Hosier
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
        Would you please give us some more information on what will volunteers tasks involve for the scouts and adults. Thank you.
        Lynne Hosier
        Den Leader
        Pack 551
        Saint Thomas More Catholic Church
        Decatur, GA

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • macunnin@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
          My wife and I are working to bring the all the loose ends together as soon as possible. And this is our first time working to organize a disaster relief effort. I say that to say I really don't know how this will evolve tommorrow. But here is what we envision for volunteers:

          We are making signs and banners so we will need some volunteers to hold/display those to help direct traffic and increase visibility-there are two entrances to our plaza so some at both ends

          We will need some volunteers to help collect contirbuttions and answer questions-mostly checks to the Red Cross but I need an end source for non-cash contributions such as The Hosea Feed the Hungry type of organization. I should have that buttoned down this afternoon.

          We are giving away a free lunch to each person making a contribution so we will need volunteers to help prepare/hand out the food.

          As I get reports about the scope and scale of this disaster I simply cry....I pray for relief and a successful drive Saturday...