Soapstone District Banquet Details?

  • Robert Patton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      Instead of the normal monthly automatic reminder of the Soapstone Ridge
      District Roundtable Meeting one week before the event from the Soapstone
      Yahoo! Group Calendar, I need some information in order for such a
      reminder to be correct. I have previously email some people, but I have
      not received any reply.

      I assume that the Soapstone Ridge District is having a District Banquet
      on Monday, May 10, 2004 (as it says in the Soapstone Ridge District
      article on page 16 of the April/May 2004 issue of “The Promise”), where
      the District Award of Merits will be awarded, but I have heard nothing
      else about this.

      What time is the district banquet? Do people need to make reservations?
      How much will it cost? Is it at the usual roundtable location (The
      Cathedral at Chapel Hill (Cathedral of the Holy Spirit), 4650 Flat
      Shoals Parkway, Decatur, GA 30034)?

      Are there any significant characteristics to the banquet, such as door
      prizes given out at assorted times during the event (as we used to do at
      the DeKalb District Banquets)? I will never forget when an elderly
      grandmother won a free whitewater rafting trip. Perhaps if asked, adult
      leaders could use their connections to acquire door prizes from
      businesses. Most of the door prizes don’t have to be big, but it is
      exciting for there to be one big door prize given out last (such as a
      round-trip ticket to anywhere Airtrans or Delta goes). (Note: If we are
      going to have door prizes, I would be willing to contribute some
      computer related items.) Maybe the district/council could give out some
      free adult leader fees to Atlanta Area Council Summer Camps or Webelos
      Encampments. This would encourage the units to participate in these
      events in the Atlanta Area Council and to bring an additional leader. If
      he/she has any free time and/or a special skill needed at camp he/she
      might be willing to volunteer as an unpaid staff member while their unit
      is at camp such as I have done at Bert Adams the last four summers. Door
      prizes certainly add spice to a district banquet that at times can get
      boring.

      Do you have any other ideas to make the district banquet more exciting?
      What are you willing to do to improve the banquet? If anyone has any
      suggestions, who should they contact?

      Robert Patton