New Atlanta Area Council Volunteer Service Center

  • Robert Patton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2002
      Scouters,

      Briefly, the new Atlanta Area Council Volunteer Service Center's
      address, telephone number, and website is:

      Atlanta Area Council
      1800 Circle 75 Parkway SE
      Atlanta, GA 30339
      Phone: (770) 989-8820
      Web site: http://www.atlantabsa.org

      A map to the new Scout Shop (and its direct telephone number) at
      the Atlanta Area Council Volunteer Service Center can be downloaded
      at:

      http://www.atlantabsa.org/pdf/map.pdf

      Comment:

      If you are like me, sometimes you don't have the new Atlanta Area
      Council Volunteer Service Center's address and telephone number handy
      near your computer. If you call the old telephone number, you just
      get a ringing telephone (at least in the last few days). If you go
      to the Atlanta Area Council website ( http://www.atlantabsa.org ),
      this information is not easy to find and in at least one place is
      wrong. (It is on some forms that can be downloaded from the forms
      page.) If you look for the address on the Yahoo! Yellow Pages or the
      Yellow Pages of the RealPages.com (BellSouth's Yellow Pages), you are
      given the old address.

      I had to go to the National BSA website ( http://www.scouting.org )
      and lookup the council location by zip code.

      Later this month there will be an open house of the new Atlanta Area
      Council Volunteer Service Center. I don't have that date handy, but
      I will try to get it for you.

      Robert Patton
      Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 134
      A Soapstone Yahoo! Group Moderator