Re: [SSR] Re: Update to Eagle Requirements

  • Audrey P. Bagby
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013
      Yes, we are aware. Our district Eagle commissioner had a meeting with our advancement chair to go over all the new requirements for Eagle.

      Thanks for letting me know.

      Have a good day.

      Sent from Bagby's iPhone

      On Apr 24, 2013, at 9:40 AM, "sheila bell" <turneresd_sheila@...> wrote:

      Group -

      I happened to be "surfing" for something else, and came across the item below.

      Source:

      Scroll down to: Eagle.

      Eagles now have to now earn:

      a) Cooking merit badge if they become an Eagle after 1-1-2014. It does not matter when they started working on the requirements for Eagle.

      b) BSA is going to offer a new badge called Sustainability in the summer of 2013. Scouts have to earn Sustainability OR Environmental science. Most probably already have the latter badge.

      Is this an approved BSA change effective immediately? If so, is there a plan or guideline to encourage the Eagles to finish before 12-31-2013 or will there be special classes,trips or sessions to now earn the cooking Merit badge?

      The concern is the scouts are busy trying to finish scouting, as well as in some cases high school and get accepted to an university, all before they become 18, adding another merit badge to the mix can be challenging to plan for and around.

      Sheila Bell