Youth Group Night / Pre-game Event

  • rpatton134
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      Soapstone Scouters,

      As you may recall, in a previous email I informed you of the Youth
      Group Night February 7 at the Georgia State University men's
      basketball game at 6:00pm. (Refer to the pdf file found at
      http://www.geocities.com/rpatton134/GSUYouthGroupNight.pdf
      (465kb) of an image of the flier about this opportunity for more
      details. (After the pdf format file has downloaded, you might have to
      reload/refresh the page.))

      Since then, I have learned of another opportunity for those who have
      tickets to this game, but it may be impossible for youth groups to
      take advantage of this opportunity due to its early start. Those who
      have tickets to the February 7 game, also will be admitted to a
      pre-game event from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. From the letter I have
      received, "Georgia State Athletics will host a special game between
      the Former Harlem Globetrotters and some of our Georgia Legislators.
      Former Georgia State stars, Chris Collier and Mark Thompson, will be
      just a couple of the members of the Harlem Legends team. Other great
      athletes such as Dennis Scott and Dominique Wilkins are set to play
      for the Legislators."

      Below is text of an email I sent to Kara Ansotegui, the Marketing
      Director for Georgia State University Athletics and her reply. She
      can be contacted for questions at 404-651-3189 or email her at
      athkja@...

      Subject: Youth Group Night / Pre-game Event
      Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:07:59 -0500
      From: Robert Patton <rpatton@...>
      To: athkja@...

      Ms. Ansotegui,

      I have a question concerning the Youth Group Night & the Pre-game
      Event February 7. I received your letter today inviting season
      ticket holders to attend the pre-game game between the Former Harlem
      Globetrotters and some of our Georgia Legislators. I also understand
      that it is Youth Group Night on February 7 (if groups have previously
      requested tickets). While it is highly unlikely that youth groups
      can get to GSU by 4:00pm due to attending school, will their tickets
      also admit them to the pre-game game?

      Robert Patton

      Subject: Re: Youth Group Night / Pre-game Event
      Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:54:02 -0500
      From: "Kara Ansotegui" <athkja@...>
      To: <rpatton@...>

      Mr. Patton,

      Thanks for the e-mail. I see absolutely no reason why the youth
      groups would not be able to attend this event with their game
      voucher. I will not however be sending this letter to all youth
      groups due to time constraints, but if you know of a group who would
      like to attend both events, if they've already received their
      vouchers, we would welcome them.

      Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I
      hope you will be able to make it to our upcoming events, and thanks
      again for your support of Georgia State Athletics!

      Kara Ansotegui
      Georgia State Athletics
      404-651-3189 - office
      404-556-2321 - cellular