Dream time! District Comitte: 7:00 p.m. tonight!

  • mgoodson@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Remember that tonight is the time for our regular "first Monday" district committee meeting. As usual, we'll be at St Timothy's United Methodist Church, on Memorial Drive at Rays Rd. But what's new is the TIME. Continuing the new tradition begun last month, we'll begin promptly at 7:00 p.m., and will conclude the committee agenda time within an hour. Then, from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m., our commissioner staff will meet in the same room.

      The theme for tonight's meeting is DREAMING! We've done some good work so far this year, and still have several spring activities to go. But in our planning process, we're rounding the home stretch in program planning for this school year. So tonight, we'll back off the "nuts-and-bolts," and allow ourselves to begin dreaming about what Scouting in the Soapstone Ridge district could look like over the next couple of years. Stan Watson, our district chairperson, will start with some reflections on the potential he sees for making scouting a more visible force in our community. Then we'll break into our sub-groups to do our own dreaming about what the next year could hold for us in activities, training, advancement, membership, finance. And near the end of the hour, we'll come back together to share our dreams.

      Of course, there will be the more detailed work to do (at our April and May meetings) of making specific plans for next year, and putting our commitments down on the calendar. But tonight, let's focus on letting our dreams lead us.

      All adults who care about helping make scouting work in our district are welcome and encouraged to attend. See you tonight at 7:00 p.m. at St Timothy's.