File - Calendar.pdf

  • Soapstone@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2008
      File : Calendar.pdf
      Description : Updated: Calendar dates of interest to Soapstone scout units.
    • Soapstone@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008
        File : Calendar.pdf
        Description : Updated: Calendar dates of interest to Soapstone scout units.
      • Dr. Jerry D. Brewster, Jr.
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 3, 2008
           Is Inauguration Day supposed to be missing from the January calendar? JANUARY 20, 2009.

          --
          Dr. Jerry D. Brewster, Jr.
          6th Episcopal District Director -

          -------------- Original message from Soapstone@yahoogroups.com : --------------

          File : Calendar.pdf
          Description : Updated: Calendar dates of interest to Soapstone scout units.

        • Mickey Goodson
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 3, 2008
            Jerry,
            Actually, in putting together the district calendar for the year, the district committee did not take any position on the January 20 inauguration date.  In general, the practice has been to list in the calendar the dates of all district and council events open for unit participation, the dates of school holidays for both the DeKalb and Decatur school systems, and the dates of legal or traditional holidays when schools are closed, or when the holiday might impact a weekend activity date for a unit.  So the council and school system calendars are key source documents.  The 2009 date for the presidential inauguration did not appear on any of those, so did not get carried to the district calendar

            The January 20 inauguration day will be midweek (on a Tuesday).  I've just re-checked the online calendars for both the DeKalb and Decatur school systems.  Both, of course, are closed on Monday, January 19 for Dr. King's birthday observance, but neither has scheduled a holiday for Tuesday the 20th.  We do not have any district events scheduled on the 20th, although I do notice that the council has scheduled its quarterly program committee meetings for that evening.

            Of course, many of us share a sense of hope and anticipation for the future as our nation demonstrates the ability to transition leadership and move in new directions.  I suspect that many units may schedule service projects or other activities over the three day King holiday weekend.  Inclusion of a discussion on the challenges, opportunities and hopes inherent in this historic transition would be a great lesson for scouts in citizenship that weekend.  I hope that many of our units will take the opportunity to include that focus in their plans.

            Thanks for lifting up.this important opportunity.

            Mickey

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2008
              Hello Mickey,
              Thanks for the reply. As an FYI, some of our AME troops and packs will be marching in the Inaugural Parade. We will be leaving on the 17th and returning on the 21st. The units involved will be drawn from all of our units world-wide. It should be a historical and memorable event for the boys and adults alike.

              Gotta go. Hope to talk to you soon. Say hello to Carol for me.
              --
              Dr. Jerry D. Brewster, Jr., Ph.D.
              — 6th Episcopal Dist.(GA) Director

              Office: 404-294-1243
              Cellular: 678-427-9612

              -------------- Original message from Mickey Goodson <mgoodson@...>: --------------

              ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 1, 2009
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1 1:47 PM
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 1, 2009
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
                      File : Calendar.pdf
                      Description : Soasptone scouting calendar for the 2009-2010 program year
                    • Soapstone@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 1, 2009
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 1, 2009
                          File : Calendar.pdf
                          Description : Soapstone scouting calendar for the 2009-2010 program year