Scout CPR Saturday - September 20th 2008

  • wayne@donate.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 10:43 AM
      Good Turn for America

      Boy Scouts of America
      Atlanta Area Council
      Good Turn for America

      Make Service Your Centerpiece for 2008

      Scout CPR Saturday –Saturday, September 20th 2008
      49 days until Fall 2008 CPR Saturday -

      Registeration is open on-line at www.goodturn.net
      TIME TO CHECK YOUR unit's CPR Certifications for 2008 scouts and adult leadership....

      Early this summer:  the sky blackened ominously over an Iowa scout camp.  With little more warning than a  sound like a rushing railroad engine,  a funnel cloud touched down, a tornado hit , and  four scouts were killed.  But there is a story behind the headline:  many lives were saved because the surviving Scouts were prepared to take action in a disaster, saving lives with CPR, first aid, and effective emergency response.

      In 2007 Woodruff three adult leaders – CPR trained –  provided cardiopulmonary resuscitation to  a Scoutmaster suffering a heat attack.  Because they were prepared, a life was saved.

      Be Prepared is our motto, and an important part of our heritage.  CPR training is a critical way to be prepared – and it’s an adult requirement for BSA Tour Permits and summer camp leaders.  Scouts working on First Aid, Lifesaving, Emergency Preparedness, and other merit badges may also need CPR certification.

      How You can Help....

      Register on-line at www.goodturn.net .

      Volunteer sign-up is needed too. so we need a troop to help with site set up to site on Friday night March 7th from 7PM to 10PM...

      we are Welcoming Girl Scout leaders, parents, friends and scouts to take the course and volunteer as well, so please pass this note on to any Girl Scout leaders.

      Cost to take the course is $25.00 for Adult CPR/AED skills or $35.00 for training for both Adult and Child skills which (each course includes manuals, skill cards and supplies).

      Remember to SIGN-Up …   www.goodturn.net

      We need 750 participants and 100 Volunteers….

      Speaking of Volunteers - we need to train six (6) Audio/Visual technician volunteers to run the A/V systems. we need to have them familiar with our system. please have them contact me wayne@... for more information....

      ALL Instructors and Volunteers...
      .MARK YOUR Calendar for Thursday, August 7th ... 6PM till 10PM for a Scout CPR Saturday run thorough.
      We will assign tasks and schedules then...

      Contact me with any question... wayne@...

      Yours in Scouting,

      Wayne Miller

      Scout CPR Saturday Coordinator

      wayne@...

      404.874.7421 x202

      Check this web site for up-to-date information on service opportunities
      http://www.goodturn.net .

    • wayne@donate.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12 12:43 PM
        Good Turn for America

        Boy Scouts of America
        Atlanta Area Council
        Good Turn for America

        Make Service Your Centerpiece for 2008
        Scout CPR Saturday –Saturday, March 20th, 2008
        38 days until CPR Saturday -
        and still a lot more left to do...

        We need to get the word out......to say that sign-up for “Scout CPR Saturday” in Open. Register on-line at www.goodturn.net .

        We will be teaching Adult CPR and AED skills.

        To date the Council has only 55 people signed up taking the class

        Here is the breakdown by District

        Atlanta Area Council members at large
        5
        Coweta
        0
        District # 7 - Milton
        8
        District # 8 - Chattahoochee
        5
        District # 9 - Cherokee/Pickens
        4
        District # 13 - Mountain Lake
        0
        District # 14 - Foothills
        11
        District # 15 - Covered Bridge
        1
        District # 17 - Three Rivers
        0
        District # 18 - Sweetwater
        4
        District # 23 - East Atlanta
        0
        District # 24 - South Atlanta
        1
        District # 27 - North Atlanta
        11
        District # 30 - South Fulton
        0
        District # 31 - Hightower Trail
        0
        District # 35 - Soapstone Ridge
        3
        District # 36 - Button/Gwinnett
        7
        District # 37 - Yellow River
        1
        District # 39 - Tara
        3
        Girl Scout Troop
        1
        Friends of Scouting
        1
        Total
        55

        – we need to sign-up 695 more…..with over 900 units and 9000 scouters it should be doable

        Volunteer sign-up is needed too. so far we have 10 instructors and 10 general volunteers. We need 60 more volunteers...

        I need your help to get our district to sign-up for CPR training and volunteers.  The Course takes about 3 ½ hours to complete.  Classes 8:20 AM, 9:00 AM then every 40 minutes.

        Your thoughts and suggestions on how to get the district units to get their CPR training with the Council program would be most helpful.

        I can be reached at wayne@...  or by phone 404-874-7421 x 202

        we are Welcoming Girl Scout leaders, parents, friends and scouts to take the course and volunteer as well, so please pass this note on to any Girl Scout leaders.

        Cost to take the Adult CPR/AED course is $25.00 which (includes manuals, skill cards and supplies). and $35.00 to take the Adult&Child CPR/AED course which (includes manuals, skill cards and supplies).

        Remember to SIGN-Up today…   www.goodturn.net

        We need 750 participants and 100 Volunteers….

        Speaking of Volunteers - we need to train six (6) Audio/Visual technician volunteers to run the A/V systems. we need to have them familiar with our system. please have them contact me wayne@... for more information....

        Contact me with any question... wayne@...

        Yours in Scouting,

        Wayne Miller

        Good Turn for America – Chairman

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13 5:25 AM
          Good Turn for America

          Boy Scouts of America
          Atlanta Area Council
          Good Turn for America

          Make Service Your Centerpiece for 2008

          My Apologies for the previous notice... which contained the wrong date...

          Scout CPR Saturday is Saturday, September 20th, 2008
          only 37 days until CPR Saturday - and still a lot more left to do...

          We need to get the word out......to say that sign-up for “Scout CPR Saturday” in Open. Register on-line at www.goodturn.net .

          We will be teaching Adult CPR and AED skills.

          To date the Council has only 56 people signed up taking the class

          6
[...]
          56

          – we need to sign-up 694 more…..with over 900 units and 9000 scouters it should be doable

          Volunteer sign-up is needed too. so far we have 10 instructors and 10 general volunteers. We need 60 more volunteers...

          I need your help to get our district to sign-up for CPR training and volunteers.  The Course takes about 3 ½ hours to complete.  Classes 8:00 AM, then every 40 minutes.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 20 11:35 AM
            Good Turn for America

            Boy Scouts of America
            Atlanta Area Council
            Good Turn for America

            Make Service Your Centerpiece for 2008

            Scout CPR Saturday –Saturday, September 20th 2008
            30 days until Fall 2008 CPR Saturday -

            Please come Friday, 6:30PM, September 19th 2008 for set-up and
            Please report at 7:00AM on Saturday, September 20th 2008 for classes.

            Thanks to those volunteering, we still may need a more help running the classes. Please let me know if you can help. Send me a note...sandy.weinberg@...

            Here is the Text of the Scout CPR Saturday being sent out...Please forward the email to your unit... ask if they would like to be setup volunteers September 19th.. beginning at 6:30PM (should only take three hours).

            and remember to Save the Date.....for

            Wilderness First Aid - November 14th, 15th and 16th
            54 days until Winter 2008 Wilderness First Aid Training

            Thanks for all you do for scouts.

            Yours in Scouting,

            Sandy Weinberg
            *************Beginning of Flyer ***************

            Registration is open on-line at www.goodturn.net
            TIME TO CHECK YOUR CPR Certification for 2008....

            Why??? for adults it is required for BSA tour permits and summer camp adult leadership ...Please check your units certification.

            Why??? for scouts this course will help scouts satisfy the numerous outdoor skills merit badges requirement to Demonstrate CPR knowledge... Save time at summer camp by learning CPR now...

            How You can Help....

            Register on-line at www.goodturn.net .

            Volunteer sign-up is needed too. so we need a troop to help with site set up to site on Friday night September 19th from 7PM to 10PM...

            we are Welcoming Girl Scout leaders, parents, friends and scouts to take the course and volunteer as well, so please pass this note on to any Girl Scout leaders.

            Cost to take the course is $25.00 to learn skills for Adult CPR/AED or $35.00 for training to learn the skills to give CPR/AED to both Adults and Children (includes manuals, skill cards and supplies).

            Remember to SIGN…   www.goodturn.net

            We need 750 participants and 100 Volunteers….

            Speaking of Volunteers - we need to train six (6) Audio/Visual technician volunteers to run the A/V systems. we need to have them familiar with our system. please have them send me a note...sandy.weinberg@...

            Contact me with any questions... sandy.weinberg@...

            Yours in Scouting,

            Sandy Weinberg

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 26 10:12 AM
              Good Turn for America

              Boy Scouts of America
              Atlanta Area Council
              Good Turn for America

              Make Service Your Centerpiece for 2008
              Scout CPR Saturday –Saturday, September 20th, 2008
              24 days until CPR Saturday -
              and still a lot more left to do...

              We need to get the word out......to say that sign-up for “Scout CPR Saturday” in Open. Register on-line at www.goodturn.net .

              We will be teaching Adult CPR and AED skills.

              To date the Council has only 96 people signed up taking the class

              9
              District # 8 - Chattahoochee
              5
              District # 9 - Cherokee/Pickens
              19
              District # 13 - Mountain Lake
              2
              District # 14 - Foothills
              13
              District # 15 - Covered Bridge
              1
              District # 17 - Three Rivers
              0
              District # 18 - Sweetwater
              4
              District # 23 - East Atlanta
              0
              District # 24 - South Atlanta
              1
              District # 27 - North Atlanta
              12
              District # 30 - South Fulton
              1
              District # 31 - Hightower Trail
              4
              District # 35 - Soapstone Ridge
              2
              District # 36 - Button/Gwinnett
              10
              District # 37 - Yellow River
              1
              District # 39 - Tara
              4
              Girl Scout Troop
              1
              Friends of Scouting
              1
              Total
              96

              – we need to sign-up 654 more…..with over 900 units and 9000 scouters it should be doable

              Volunteer sign-up is needed too. so far we have 10 instructors and 10 general volunteers. We need 60 more volunteers...

              I need your help to get our district to sign-up for CPR training and volunteers.  The Course takes about 3 ½ hours to complete.  Classes 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM then every 40 minutes.

              Your thoughts and suggestions on how to get the district units to get their CPR training with the Council program would be most helpful.

              I can be reached at wayne@...  or by phone 404-874-7421 x 202

              we are Welcoming Girl Scout leaders, parents, friends and scouts to take the course and volunteer as well, so please pass this note on to any Girl Scout leaders.

              Cost to take the Adult skills CPR/AED course is $25.00 which (includes manuals, skill cards and supplies). and $35.00 to take the Adult&Child skillsCPR/AED course which (includes manuals, skill cards and supplies).

              Remember to SIGN-Up today…   www.goodturn.net

              We need 750 participants and 100 Volunteers….

              Speaking of Volunteers - we need to train six (6) Audio/Visual technician volunteers to run the A/V systems. we need to have them familiar with our system. please have them contact me sandy.weinberg@... for more information....

              Contact me with any question... sandy.weinberg@...

              Yours in Scouting,

              Sandy Weinberg

              sandy.weinberg@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 9, 2008
                Good Turn for America

                Boy Scouts of America
                Atlanta Area Council
                Good Turn for America

                Make Service Your Centerpiece for 2008
                Scout CPR Saturday –Saturday, September 20th, 2008
                10 days until CPR Saturday -
                and still a lot more left to do...

                We need to get the word out......to say that sign-up for “Scout CPR Saturday” in Open. Register on-line at www.goodturn.net .

                We will be teaching Adult CPR and AED skills.

                To date the Council has only 144 people signed up taking the class

                Here is the breakdown by District

                Atlanta Area Council members at large
                6
                Coweta
                0
                District # 7 - Milton
                12
                District # 8 - Chattahoochee
                6
                District # 9 - Cherokee/Pickens
                20
                District # 13 - Mountain Lake
                14
                District # 14 - Foothills
                14
                District # 15 - Covered Bridge
                13
                District # 17 - Three Rivers
                0
                District # 18 - Sweetwater
                4
                District # 23 - East Atlanta
                2
                District # 24 - South Atlanta
                1
                District # 27 - North Atlanta
                12
                District # 30 - South Fulton
                2
                District # 31 - Hightower Trail
                6
                District # 35 - Soapstone Ridge
                4
                District # 36 - Button/Gwinnett
                15
                District # 37 - Yellow River
                1
                District # 39 - Tara
                4
                Girl Scout Troop
                1
                Friends of Scouting
                3
                Total
                144

                – we need to sign-up 606 more…..with over 900 units and 9000 scouters it should be doable

                Volunteer sign-up is needed too. so far we have 10 instructors and 10 general volunteers. We need 60 more volunteers...

                I need your help to get our district to sign-up for CPR training and volunteers.  The Course takes about 3 ½ hours to complete.  Classes start at 8:00 AM, then every 40 minutes.