Re: [Soapstone] Thanks for your support Soapstone Ridge-B.King - Promoted to AAC Scoutreach Dir.

  • Harvey Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2008
      Thank you, Byron, for all of your hard work and efforts, especially for
      Troop 124. You've done a great job as D.E. in Soapstone and I will miss
      you in that capacity. However, I am glad that you've been blessed with
      a promotion and newer and bigger opportunities for getting our young men
      into a positive setting.

      May God continue to bless you and your family in all that you do.

      Harvey Johnson

      zehrahk wrote:

      > Greetings Scouters,
      >
      > It has been an interesting ride over the past three years. I have
      > done my best to serve this district and will continue to serve you
      > and your scouts as I begin a new challenge as the Atlanta Area
      > Council Scoutreach Director effective May 1, 2008. In my new position
      > I will be responsible for engaging new leaders, parents and
      > organizations to plug into scouting. Many of my efforts will be on
      > communicating a clear understanding of what Scoutreach is and what
      > this division can do to support your existing unit.
      >
      > My parting wish is that as Soapstone goes forward that the leaders
      > will support District Executive Ivan West as he begins the process of
      > promotiong strong district operations. The key four functions to unit
      > and district success are ; Finance, Membership, Program, and Unit
      > Service. Please continue to plan and implement your plan of actions
      > towards being a quality unit so that Soapstone will become a quality
      > district. I will be an active volunteer in the district to support my
      > son's Pack 997 and whenever I am asked I will gladly pay each of you
      > a visit. God Bless Each of You and Thanks for a terrific ride!
      >
      > Yours in Scouting,
      >
      > Byron D. King
      > Scoutreach Director
      > 1800 Circle 75 Parkway
      > Atlanta, GA 30339
      > 770.989.8820 Office
      > 404.316.3310 Cell
      > bking@... <mailto:bking%40atlantabsa.org>

    • Byron King
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2008
        James, thank you so much for the kind words

        Your Brother in Christ,

        BK

        James Manley <jamesvandy@...> wrote:
        Byron,
        I've always appreciated your enthusiasm and hard work you have put forward. I appreciate you taking me every step of the way on my wonderful journey in being a Scoutmaster. You have helped me in a major way and I truly believe 3927 will thrive because of your presence and being a mentor for me. I will definitely miss your guidance and persistence. Thanks for everything from everyone at Berean and Troop 3927.

        James

        bking@atlantabsa. org