Tonight's district commitee meeting

  • Mickey Goodson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
      Tonight's regular "first Monday evening" district committee meeting will
      be held at a slightly new location. We'll be back at the regular St
      Timothy's United Methodist Church on Memorial Drive. But instead of
      meeting in the Scout Hall room, we'll be meeting in the dining room off
      the gym at the rear of the church (same location as our SLT session last
      Thursday evening). To get there, drive all the way to the rear of the
      church, where you'll find parking adjacent to the rear door. Once
      inside the gym, our meeting room will be on the right. We'll start at
      the regular 7:30 pm time, and plan to be finished by 9:00 pm

      Tonight we'll spend a good portion of our time in breakout sessions for
      membership, advancement, training, camping, activities, and unit service.

      As a result of our "vision meeting" last month, and our follow-up
      February regular meeting, we have had several new folks step up to join
      our district committee. But there are still a number of units in our
      district who are not represented. So if you'd like to be a part of the
      team, just join us at 7:30 pm tonight in the gym at the rear of St.
      Timothy's United Methodist church (Memorial Drive, just east of Rays Rd)
    • Mickey Goodson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 7:41 AM
      We skipped meeting in July, but the new Scouting year is now upon us.  Tonight, Monday, August 3, will be our first district committee meeting for the new program year so we need everyone onboard  as we finalize our plans for the fall.  As usual, our "first Monday" meeting will be at St. Timothy's United Methodist Church on Memorial Drive (just east of the intersection with Rays Rd.)  The committee meeting will begin at 7:00 pm, to be followed at 8:00 pm by our monthly Soapstone commissioners' meeting.

      Here's what we need to accomplish in our one hour committee meeting tonight:

      • We'll meet our new District Executive, Kelly Carney.
      • We'll take a final look at our Soapstone calendar for the 2009-10 program year, to make sure the dates we have proposed are still good, and that we have identified the resources we will need to create a success with each of our proposed activities.  A copy of the calendar is attached, so you may want to print a copy for your use as we discuss during tonight's meeting.
      • Of course, NEXT Monday evening we will have our kickoff Cub and Boy Scout roundtables for the new year.  Features will include training and planning for school recruiting, introduction of district and council program opportunities for the coming months, and other fun stuff.  We'll take a few minutes tonight for a quick update on roundtable plans.
      • We'll then turn our attention to the key NEW activities we have proposed to kick-off our new program year.  We have already announced a new Den Chief training event for Saturday, August 16, and a fun-filled Adult Fair for all volunteers in our district, scheduled for Saturday, August 29.  Lester Harris and his team have been hard at work in planning for these events, but we need to muster around them to help make sure these new events will be a smashing success.
      We need EVERYONE onboard for tonight's meeting, to help make our district plans for hte new program year a success.  Please join us from 7:00 - 8:00 pm tonight at St. Timothy's.