- Tonight s regular first Monday evening district committee meeting will be held at a slightly new location. We ll be back at the regular St Timothy s UnitedMessage 1 of 2 , Mar 3 12:42 PMView SourceTonight's regular "first Monday evening" district committee meeting will
be held at a slightly new location. We'll be back at the regular St
Timothy's United Methodist Church on Memorial Drive. But instead of
meeting in the Scout Hall room, we'll be meeting in the dining room off
the gym at the rear of the church (same location as our SLT session last
Thursday evening). To get there, drive all the way to the rear of the
church, where you'll find parking adjacent to the rear door. Once
inside the gym, our meeting room will be on the right. We'll start at
the regular 7:30 pm time, and plan to be finished by 9:00 pm
Tonight we'll spend a good portion of our time in breakout sessions for
membership, advancement, training, camping, activities, and unit service.
As a result of our "vision meeting" last month, and our follow-up
February regular meeting, we have had several new folks step up to join
our district committee. But there are still a number of units in our
district who are not represented. So if you'd like to be a part of the
team, just join us at 7:30 pm tonight in the gym at the rear of St.
Timothy's United Methodist church (Memorial Drive, just east of Rays Rd)
- We skipped meeting in July, but the new Scouting year is now upon us. Tonight, Monday, August 3, will be our first district committee meeting for the newMessage 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009View SourceWe skipped meeting in July, but the new Scouting year is now upon us. Tonight, Monday, August 3, will be our first district committee meeting for the new program year so we need everyone onboard as we finalize our plans for the fall. As usual, our "first Monday" meeting will be at St. Timothy's United Methodist Church on Memorial Drive (just east of the intersection with Rays Rd.) The committee meeting will begin at 7:00 pm, to be followed at 8:00 pm by our monthly Soapstone commissioners' meeting.
Here's what we need to accomplish in our one hour committee meeting tonight:
- We'll meet our new District Executive, Kelly Carney.
- We'll take a final look at our Soapstone calendar for the 2009-10 program year, to make sure the dates we have proposed are still good, and that we have identified the resources we will need to create a success with each of our proposed activities. A copy of the calendar is attached, so you may want to print a copy for your use as we discuss during tonight's meeting.
- Of course, NEXT Monday evening we will have our kickoff Cub and
Boy Scout roundtables for the new year. Features will include training
and planning for school recruiting, introduction of district and
council program opportunities for the coming months, and other fun
stuff. We'll take a few minutes tonight for a quick update on
- We'll then turn our attention to the key NEW activities we have proposed to kick-off our new program year. We have already announced a new Den Chief training event for Saturday, August 16, and a fun-filled Adult Fair for all volunteers in our district, scheduled for Saturday, August 29. Lester Harris and his team have been hard at work in planning for these events, but we need to muster around them to help make sure these new events will be a smashing success.