Re: [Soapstone] First Class & Star Projects

  • Mary Smiley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2001
      Ed, I need help in finding a Physical Fitness MB counselor for this summer. Did the ROTC person sign up yet? Please let me know. Thanks!!!

      >>> mefeibish@... 05/21/01 08:18 AM >>>

      As we approach the end of the academic school year, there are
      several opportunities for First Class and Star Scouts to complete their
      Service Projects. After the last day of school there is a good bit of
      work that teachers and principals must accomplish and they could use
      scout help. Books need to be stacked and stored, desks may need to be
      moved and stacked to allow for floor maintenance, lockers need to be
      cleared and cleaned, etc. These are very good project opportunities for
      our scouts.

      First, be sure that you talk with your teachers and principal so
      they have a clear understanding of what you are offering to do and why
      you are making the offer. Secondly, be sure that you find out what they
      need done and how they want it done. Always remember that in this
      situation it is not just another school project, but that you are
      representing The Boy Scouts and all that we stand for.
      Ask the teacher or principal for a note stating what you accomplished
      and the time you spent and take that to your Scoutmaster. It would be
      good training for your leadership if you could get one or two other
      young people to assist you in getting the job done as the the teachers
      explain how they need the job done.

      It's about service to others!

      For better scouting,

      M. Ed Feibish, Chairman
      District Advancement Committee
      Soapstone Ridge District, B.S.A.

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http//docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Carol Hadley