District Award of Merit Banquet

  • zehrahk
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hello Scouters,

      What a super year 2006 was overall for the Soapstone Ridge District!
      All of the goals mentioned at last years banquet were realized in
      large part due to your efforts. We thank you.

      Your attendence is requested as we want to celebrate the hard work of
      all leaders, most importantly the efforts of our top volunteers at
      our District Banquet. Please make every effort to attend our Annual
      District Banquet on Mon Feb. 12th, 2007 7:30PM First Baptist Chruch
      of Decatur's Carracker Hall Fellowship Room.

      We will recognize all units that achieved Quality Unit Status and
      welcome all the new units into the District in addition to
      recognizing the 2006 District Award of Merit honorees.

      Tickets are just $15.00, a delicious menu including dessert will be
      provided for your dining pleasure. Bring a guest an share in our
      success as a district. The planning committee would like to see every
      unit in our district have a representative on Monday Feb. 12, 2007.

      Feel free to contact either Wayne Woods or Byron King at 770 989-
      8820. If you are making plans to come into the Volunteer Service
      Center you can make your check payable to to the AAC/BSA Soapstone
      Banquet and please include the event code ( 1.6801.316.20 )on your
      check. Your receipt will serve as your ticket to the banquet.

      We look forward to seeing you soon.

      Byron King & Wayne Woods
      District Executives
      Soapstone Ridge District
    • Mickey Goodson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007
        Our annual Soapstone Ridge district banquet is just six (6) days away.  It will be held next Monday evening (our regular monthly roundtable time), February 12, at 7:30 p.m.  The location will be in the fellowship hall at First Baptist Church in Decatur (our regular location).   First Baptist Church is located at 308 Clairemont Avenue in Decatur (at the intersection of Commerce Drive, just a block north of courthouse square).  ALL adult volunteers in the district, and their guests, are encouraged to attend.  We'll have a great meal, and a time of fellowship and recognition, including the  District Award of Merit announcement and recognition for three Soapstone adult volunteers who have provided exceptional service to youth in our district.

        But so we can let the caterer know the approximate count for dinner, we need a quick RSVP from all units and all adults who plan to attend.  Just send a quick email to Wayne Woods, our district executive coordinating banquet arrangements, to let him know how many to count on for your unit.  You'll be able to pay for the banquet meal ($15 per person) when you arrive next Monday evening, but it is really important to get a response NOW from every unit so Wayne will know how many to prepare for.  If you have already purchased your banquet ticket at the council service center, please mention that in your email to Wayne.  You can email your RSVP to Wayne at:

            wawo30339@...

        Wayne has requested that he receive responses no later than 5:00 p.m. this Thursday afternoon, so he can coordinate with the caterer that evening.

        Please plan to be with us at the banquet next Monday evening.  And PLEASE send a quick email to Wayne as quickly as possible (but within the next 48 hours) to let him know how many from your unit will be represented.

        zehrahk wrote:

[...]

      • Ross M Goddard
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007

          Troop/Pack 134 will have five adults and one new Eagle Scout to be recognized, Marcus Leikam.  We already have five tickets, so will need one more Monday night, to be paid for then.  We hope to have one more adult, Sam Steger’s wife, Bonnie, but she is tentative now.  Will confirm one way or the other.  Ross Goddard, Troop Committee Chairman

              wawo30339@yahoo. com

          ------------ --------- --------- --------- -

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007
            Ross,
            Thanks for the quick response.

            I understand that there is no charge for the 2006 Eagle Scouts, so you'll only need an extra payment for the 6th adult (hope Bonnie can make it).  See you then.  And a big thanks to you and First Baptist for hosting us!
            Mickey

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007
              Pack 4815 will have 4 in attendance.

              Thanks!
            • Mickey Goodson
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007
                Wayne,
                To confirm, Carol and I already have 2 tickets. We paid Ricky at the
                January recharter fair.
                Thanks,
                Mickey