DISTRICT AWARD OF MERIT

  • Carol Hadley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2006
      UPDATE:  THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!! IT IS NOT YET TOO LATE TO NOMINATE A DESERVING SCOUTER FOR THE DISTRICT AWARD OF MERIT.  ALL NOMINATIONS MUST NOW BE RECEIVED BY December 11, 2006.

      This will allow for nominations to be hand delivered on Saturday, December 9th during Re-Chartering Day or at Round Table on Monday, December 11th.  Please take a few minutes to fill out the form (attached) to honor those who deserve to know their hard work has been noticed and appreciated!

      Carol Hadley
      District Advancement Chair

      Each year, the Soapstone Ridge District honors adults who have made a noteworthy contribution to scouting in our district. This year we may honor up to three individuals.  The awards for 2006 will be presented at our annual district banquet on Monday evening, January 8, 2007.

      Please take the time to review the attached Call for Nominations . As our district Advancement Chairperson, it is my priviledge this year to coordinate the selection process.   A selection committee will be appointed and announced at the November Round Table meeting November 13th.

      Please think about adult scouters you know who are making a noteworthy contribution in our district, and prepare nominations for those you think should be considered for the District Award of Merit this year.  Nominations should be submitted to me,
      Carol Hadley,  by Friday, December 1st.   My address, along with the official nomination form, a list of past awardees, and other information is in the attached document.  If you want to email me directly, my email address is:
      THANKS!
      Carol