12/11: Wild Horse Pass, Maricopa, AZ.

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2010
      December 11, 2010

      Wild Horse Pass stream, Maricopa, AZ

      1:30 PM – 3:00 PM; sunny, calm/light breeze, 74 F

      See http://azdragonfly.net <http://azdragonfly.net/> for information on
      location and pictures.

      7 species seen:

      - Variegated Meadowhawk, Sympetrum corruptum: common

      - Roseate Skimmer, Orthemis ferruginea: 1 male

      - PLATEAU DRAGONLET, Erythrodiplax basifusca: 1 male, 1 female;
      apparently new late flying date for Arizona

      - Common Green Darner, Anax junius: ~5, one pair ovipositing

      - Familiar Bluet, Enallagma civile: ~30

      - Citrine Forktail, Ischnura hastata: 1 female

      - Rambur's Forktail, Ischnura ramburii: ~10

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2010
        Yes, the old date I had for the whole SW was 12/5/2008, also from AZ.

        dba Azalea Creek Publishing azalea@... fax:707-823-2911