Northern AZ trip

  • DOUGLAS DANFORTH
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2010
      Rich Bailowitz, Pierre Deviche and I took a five day trip to northern Ariona this past Mon-Fri. In spite of lousy weather on Tuesday, Wdnesday and Thursday we managed to get 51 species for the trip including six county records and two late dates.

      The county records are:

      Yavapai County-06-Sept-2010-Erythemis vesiculosa(Great Pondhawk)-one individual at a pond north of Congress

      Mohave County-08-Sep-2010-Lestes congenger(Spotted Spreadwing)-one male at Kaibab Fish Pond north of Pipe Springs Nat Mon

      Mohave County--08-Sept-2010-Sympetrum pallipes(Striped Meadowhawk)-several individuals at Kaibab Fish Pond

      Coconino County-Enallagma basidens(Double-striped Bluet)-several individuals at Tuba City Resevoir at Tuba City

      Coconino County-08-Sept-2010(Striped Saddlebags)-one female at Page Golf Course, Page, AZ

      Navajo County-09-Sept-2010-Enallagma basidens(Dougble-striped Bluet)- a few individuals at McHood City Park, just south of Winslow

      Late dates were Ischnura perparva-08-Sept-2010-This species is only found in AZ north of the Colorado River in the "Arizona Strip" and Lestes congener(Spotted Spreadwing)-09-Sept-2010- at McHood City Park,south of Winslow

      Doug Danforth