AZ 11/27: Phon Sutton Rec. Area (Phoenix, Salt River)

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2009
      11/27/09
      Phon Sutton Recreation Area, Salt River E. of Phoenix, AZ
      1 PM – 3 PM; Sunny, clear, calm, 81 F

      11 species seen:
      - Flame Skimmer, Libellula saturata: 1 M
      - Blue-eyed Darner, Rhionaeschna multicolor: 1
      - Roseate Skimmer, Orthemis ferruginea: 1 M
      - Arroyo Bluet, Enallagma praevarum: 5-10
      - Dusky Dancer, Argia translata: 2 pair in tandem (AZ NEW LATE FLIGHT DATE?)
      - Powdered Dancer, Argia moesta: 1
      - Blue-ringed Dancer, Argia sedula: Widespread
      - Desert Firetail, Telebasis salva: ~30; pairs ovipositing
      - Rambur's Forktail, Ishnura ramburii: ~5
      - Pacific Forktail, Ischnura cervula: 1 M
      - American Rubyspot: ~5

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2009
        Yes, I believe that is a new late flight by ~ a week!
        Thanks,
        Kathy
        Ps. At least Shadow Darners are still out here!