Re: [Odonata-l] [Fwd: Deformed Damselfly?]

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      Kathy and Denise,

      The "thing" sticking out of the thorax isn't a leg, at least not a leg
      of that bluet - it's too long to be any of the segments and doesn't
      seem to have spines on it. It may just be a plant part that got stuck
      between the wings. The wings look entirely normal. I don't think it is
      a deformation. Without further enlargement, I can't tell if something
      is wrapped around the thorax, but it does look as if something is
      there. But it also doesn't look like part of the damselfly. Odonates
      often have spider webs on them, sometimes sticky plant seeds. The
      left front leg is missing, but otherwise, there's nothing deformed
      about this individual that I can see. Perhaps someone else will have a
      more discerning eye.

      Dennis

      dennispaulson@...