12/31/08: Phoenix, AZ, Rio Salado

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      12/31/08; 1:15 PM –2:30 PM

      Rio Salado Wetlands Restoration Project, Phoenix, Maricopa Co, AZ

      Sunny, calm, 70 F

      Seven Species seen:

      - Variegated Meadowhawk: ~10; 1 pair in tandem ovipositing

      - Roseate Skimmer: 1 M

      - Common Green Darner: 4+, inc. 1 pair in tandem ovipositing

      - Familiar Bluet: 2 M

      - Blue-ringed Dancer: ~5 M + 1 F

      - Rambur's Forktail: 2

      - Citrine Forktail: 1 F

      My intention after visiting this location was to check out things at the
      Wild Horse Pass Stream just S. of town... This was, however, before
      returning to my car and finding that it had been broken into and nicely
      cleaned of its content. A fine way to finish up an otherwise productive
      year!

      Happy New Year,

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.