Kearny L., Kearny, AZ - 11/01/08

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2008
      11/01/08, noon – 2:15 PM:

      Kearny Lake, Kearny, AZ

      Sunny, light breeze, 90 F

      13 species seen:

      Flame Skimmer: Widespread; ovipositing

      Red-tailed Pennant: ~5

      Variegated Meadowhawk: Widespread; pairs in tandem/wheel; ovipositing

      Filigree Skimmer: 2

      Mexican Amberwing: Widespread

      Blue Dasher: 1 M

      Plateau Dragonlet: 1 M

      Blue-eyed Darner: Few

      Common Green Darner: Few; pair in tandem

      Familiar Bluet: Widespread

      Desert Firetail: Widespread

      Rambur's Forktail: 5-10

      American Rubyspot: ~5

      Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.

    • Ann Cooper
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2008
        I am loving the reports of what's still being seen In AZ (speaking enviously from Colorado, where we've had the first hard frost). Is this typical of your season to see so much going into Novemeber?
        Thanks
        Ann in Colorado