Pseudoleon

  • Kenn Kaufman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2004
      On Thursday, March 25, I stopped at the Molino Overlook on the lower stretch
      of the Catalina Highway, just above Tucson, Arizona, to check along the
      creek. (This is a mile or two downstream from Molino Basin, an area that
      partly burned in the major fires of last summer; the Overlook area was
      untouched, although undoubtedly some ash and debris washed through this
      area.) This has been a good spot for odes later in the season in previous
      years. On Thursday, all I found in an hour's search was a single male
      Filigree Skimmer (Pseudoleon superbus). Not an early record but the first
      of this year for me, and it's always been one of my favorite southwest
      specialties.

      Kenn Kaufman
      Tucson, AZ