Filigree Skimmers

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      Yesterday was a Filigree Skimmer day - no, no one in CA found a new one,
      but I was sent a letter about a 2nd female photographed in 2004 in CA.
      I'll paste the letter in. I"m hoping to obtain permission to post the
      photo on my website. It's interesting that 2 were photographed here in
      CA in 2004 near San Diego and it may well have been a dispersal event.
      Secondly, I happened upon Ed Lam's website from the last year's DSA post
      trip in Safford, AZ. He has an absolutely stunning scan and photo of the
      Filigree Skimmer there ... and some nice photos and scans of other
      rarities. See them at
      http://homepage.mac.com/edlam/dragonflyroad/AZpost.html.

      ---

      Hi Kathy,

      I thought you might be interested in what appears to be the 2nd record
      of filigree skimmer in California. Doug's record was in May 2004.
      Checking Google maps, Isaac St in Santee is just South of the San Diego
      river which at that point is more of a series of ponds than a river.

      Rocky is a new member of the Photonaturalists camera club and I am this
      years President. I have been teaching the members to appreciate and
      photograph the odes. Check out our Web sites home page, Our Image of the
      year for 2007 is a Neon skimmer.
      http://www.photonats.org/ Actually we had two other dragonfly photos
      receive year end awards they can be seen at:
      http://www.photonats.org/Competition%20Galleries/2007%20Year%20End/HMS/index.htm

      Best,

      Rich Bledsoe