Phoenix, AZ, UFOs, 12/02

  • pierredeviche
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2007
      Hi All:

      Before putting the net aside until next spring, I paid a last visit to
      two locations around Phoenix, AZ, today (12/02), wondering whether
      there would be any UFOs (Unusually late Flying Odonates). There is not
      much left out there, but I found a total of SEVEN species. A few
      habitat and ode pictures are seen at:
      http://picasaweb.google.com/pdeviche/Phoenix120207?authkey=3tOitooqNjg

      ** Rio Salado Wetlands, Phoenix: 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM
      Sunny, calm, 60 F
      - COMMON GREEN DARNER: 1
      - VARIEGATED MEADOWHAWK: 5 (photos)
      - RAMBUR'S FORKTAIL: Widespread at water edge; 1 pair in tandem (photos)

      ** Salt River: Phon Sutton Recreation area, 2 to 4:30 PM
      Sunny, calm, 64 F
      - FLAME SKIMMER: 1 F (photo; ? AZ late flight record)
      - ROSEATE SKIMMER: 1 F (photo)
      - BLUE-RINGED DANCER: 1 M (photo) + 1 F (? AZ late flight record)
      - MEXICAN FORKTAIL: 2 M (photo)

      Cheers and until next spring,

      Pierre Deviche, AZ.