AZ observations, 10/27-28.
- Hi All:
My wife and I checked a couple of places this past weekend, 10/27-28:
10/27, PM: Wild Horse Pass (= WH) stream just S. of Phoenix, AZ;
10/28, AM: Kearny L. (= KL), S. of Superior, AZ.
10/28, PM: San Pedro River (= SP) at Dudleyville, AZ.
A few pictures are posted at:
- Flame Skimmer: Present at 3 locations
- Red Rock Skimmer: ~5, SP (photo)
- Red-tailed Pennant: 1F, WH
- Variegated Meadowhawk: Widespread throughout
- Roseate Skimmer: Present at 3 locations
- Mexican Amberwing: Same
- Checkered/Swift Setwing: 1M, SP
- Blue Dasher: WH and SP
- Western Pondhawk: WH and SP
- Spot-winged/Wandering Glider: 2+, WH
- Filigree Skimmer: 2+, SP
- Plateau Dragonlet: 1M, KL
- Pale-faced Clubskimmer: ~10, SP (photo)
- Blue-eyed Darner: A few, KL
- Common Green Darner: Same
- White-belted Ringtail: ~5, SP (photo)
- Familiar Bluet: Common at KL (photo)
- Arroyo Bluet: Widespread, SP
- Springwater Dancer: 2F, KL (photo)
- Dusky Dancer: WH
- SOOTY DANCER: 1M, SP (late SW flight record) (photo)
- Powdered Dancer: ~10, WH; pairs in tandem (photo)
- Blue-ringed Dancer: Present at 3 locations
- Desert Firetail: Same
- Rambur's Forktail: Widespread, WH, with many pairs in
wheel/tandem; 1+, KL (photo)
- DESERT FORKTAIL: ~10, KL; ? AZ late flight record (photo)
- Citrine Forktail: ~25 M & F, WH (photo)
- Great Spreadwing: ~10, SP (photo)
- American Rubyspot: Widespread, WH and SP (photo)
Total of 29 species.
Pierre Deviche, Phoenix, AZ.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]