Re: [SoWestOdes] mystery skimmer

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2007
      Chris,

      That's a LOT of amber at the base of the wings. I know this species
      shows more color in the wings in other areas of the USA, but this is a lot!
      Still it looks like a Blue Dasher to me. Compare to
      http://informatics.bio.umass.edu/research/odenews/bnikula/palo.jpg.
      It will be interesting to see what other folks say.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        How about a female Checkered Setwing (Dythemis fugax), Chris? The
        Arizona ode experts (Doug Danforth, Rich Bailowitz) have found this
        at several new localities just recently, greatly extending its range
        in Arizona.

        Dennis

        dennispaulson@...