Snowbird, UT

  • Steve Rovell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hi Everyone -

      I don't know much about the odes in Utah and find myself here in Snowbird with wife
      and kids. I went out late this afternoon, but found only three species: a single Four-
      spotted Skimmer, several Pacific/Plains Forktails and two mosaic darners.

      I have two questions:

      1) Are these Pacific Forktails or are they more likely Plains Forktails? I didn't capture
      them. They were in a grassy glade next to a fast-moving rocky mountain stream.
      The only local resource for damsels I have with me is Kathy Biggs' "Common
      Dragonflies of the Southwest." The habitat described doesn't seem to match where I
      found these forktails.

      2) I'm hoping to see some dragons that I don't have a great chance of seeing at home
      in California. Does anyone have any idea of what is to be expected in this canyon?

      I'll be here until next Friday. Would love to find something new for me.

      Steve Rovell
      Marina, CA
      Monterey County