5 Dec Archilestes grandis

  • rbehrstock
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      Dear Odesters,

      Today, I observed three female Great Spreadwings (Archilestes
      grandis) at a water plant and koi nursery in Hereford, Cochise Co, AZ.
      This date is later by several weeks than the 16 Nov date in Westfall
      and May.

      Best,

      Bob Behrstock
      Hereford, AZ
      (520) 378-3262
    • Kathy and Dave Biggs
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2003
        Hi Bob (and all),

        Lots of folks asked about you last nite at the Marin Audubon meeting
        where I gave a presentation on the Bay Area dragonflies. A special hello
        to Bob from Tony Harlow, who I finally got to meet!

        It must feel nice to still be seeing odes!

        I've been collecting flight data on all the southwest species. Here's
        what I currently have for A. grandis:

        A. grandis:

        all SW early all SW late
        march 01/14/60

        CA early CA late
        march 01/14/60

        AZ early AZ late
        4/17/AZ 12/3/AZ --- so your recent sighting changes this! :-)

        NM early NM late
        5/11/rl 10/19/rl

        NV early NV late
        x x

        UT early UT late
        x x

        CO early CO late
        8/30/LM 9/10/LM

        Nearby:
        early late
        Mar. 17 (TX) Oct. 30 (OK).

        I'll post this on the SoWest Files site so anyone who wants to can up
        load it. I know that Rich Bailowitz, Sandy Upson and Doug Danforth are
        keeping flight data for AZ. Hopefully someone from each state will.

        Kathy Biggs
        Sebastopol CA

        Where it is raining right now.

        Biggs Family Nesting Site http://www.sonic.net/~bigsnest