Field Trip 22 July at Fort Huachuca

  • rbehrstock
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15 10:41 AM
      Dear Odesters,

      On Saturday, July 22, I will lead a SEABA (Southeastern Arizona
      Butterfly Assoc.) dragonfly/ butterfly trip to Ft. Huachuca, Sierra
      Vista, AZ. We will be looking for such things as Apache Spiketail,
      Persephone's and Riffle darners, Canyon Rubyspot, Sierra Madre Dancer,
      and Black-and-white Damsel, as well as more common species. Also we
      will try to sort out the six or eight possible roadside-skippers that
      should be around, and look for species such as Gold-costa and Acacia
      skippers and Desert Cloudywing. We are coming out of a drought but buth
      butterfly and odonate activity has picked up during the last few weeks.
      Note: birds will not be igniored.

      We will meet at 8:00 AM at the Bread Basket for coffee on Willcox just
      east of Buffalo Soldier Trail. Take SR90 south from I10 into Sierra
      Vista. Go straight at the first signal in the city limits (instead of
      turning right into the Fort or left on Fry) - this is Buffalo Soldier
      Trail. Proceed south two more signals to Willcox and turn left to the
      meeting place.

      We will not have a collecting permit for this trip but photographers
      are, of course, welcome. As this is a SEABA trip, there will be the
      usual $5.00 charge.

      You will need a picture id such as a valid driver's license to enter
      the Fort. If you're a driver, proof of insurance and ownership will
      also be required.

      See you there.

      Best,

      Bob Behrstock