Damsels at Lea Lake

  • Robert Larsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2006
      The following damselflies were found on the east side
      of Lea Lake and the lake outflow in Bottomless Lakes
      State Park, Chaves County, New Mexico on the afternoon
      of Feburary 21, 2006 with a temperatures in the mid
      70s.

      Familiar Bluet (Enallagma civile) male
      Familiar Bluet (Enallagma civile) male
      Familiar Bluet (Enallagma civile) teneral female
      Arroyo Bluet (Enallagma praevarum) male
      Arroyo Bluet (Enallagma praevarum) male
      Arroyo Bluet (Enallagma praevarum) male
      Arroyo Bluet (Enallagma praevarum) female
      Amethyst Dancer (Argia pallens) male from outflow

      The old early flight season date for the Amethyst
      Dancer in New Mexico was March 3rd from the same site
      and to October 10th. The early date for the Arroyo
      Bluet was also March 3rd from the same site on Lea
      Lake. New Mexico county distribution for the Amethyst
      Dancer to date includes Bernalillo, Catron, Chaves,
      Eddy, and Grant Counties.

      R. Larsen
      Roswell, New Mexico

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2006
        Thanks for your report.
        I had my first Pacific Forktails on my CA pond here today.
        Anyone else seeing anything?