Some NM late flight season dates

  • Robert Larsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2005
      Here are some late flight season dates for New Mexico:

      Rambur's Forktail (Ischnura ramburii) October 3, 2005
      Unit 5, Bitter Lake NWR, Chaves Co, New Mexico.

      Sedge Darner (Aeshna juneca) July 10, 2005 Valles
      Caldera National Preserve, Sandoval County, New
      Mexico.

      Pale-faced Clubskimmer (Brechmorhoga mendax) October
      10, 2005 Bosque Redondo, De Baca County, New Mexico

      Halloween Pennnant (Celithemis eponina) October 22,
      2005 Hunter Marsh, Bitter Lake NWR, Chaves County, New
      Mexico.

      Wandering Glider (Pantala flavescens) October 22, 2005
      Unit 6, Bitter Lake NWR, Chaves County, New Mexcio.

      Eastern Amberwing (Perithemis tenera) October 3, 2005
      Spring River Zoo, Roswell, Chaves County, New Mexico.

      Western Meadowhawk form (Sympetrum semicinctum
      californicum) October 4, 2005 Bosque Redondo, De Baca
      County, New Mexico.

      Robert Larsen
      Roswell, New Mexico
      ----------------------------------

      __________________________________
      http://farechase.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2005
        Thanks Robert,

        I've added your new data to the SW Excel Flight Season Chart I'm keeping. I'll
        post an updated chart in the SOWestODes files section this winter, and folks
        can check all the dates against their own records. When we all pool our
        knowledge, it's great!

        Robert Larsen wrote:

        > Here are some late flight season dates for New Mexico:
        >
        > Rambur's Forktail (Ischnura ramburii) October 3, 2005

        7/31 was the old late date!

        > Sedge Darner (Aeshna juneca) July 10, 2005 Valles
        > Caldera National Preserve, Sandoval County, New
        > Mexico.

        This is possibly new late date for all SW.

        > Halloween Pennnant (Celithemis eponina) October 22,
        > 2005 Hunter Marsh, Bitter Lake NWR, Chaves County, New
        > Mexico.

        This adds nearly a whole month as the the old date was 9/19.

        > Wandering Glider (Pantala flavescens) October 22, 2005
        > Unit 6, Bitter Lake NWR, Chaves County, New Mexcio.

        Another big extension! Old date I had was 10/10/04.

        > Eastern Amberwing (Perithemis tenera) October 3, 2005
        > Spring River Zoo, Roswell, Chaves County, New Mexico.

        Another big extension! Old date I had was 9/19.

        > Western Meadowhawk form (Sympetrum semicinctum
        > californicum) October 4, 2005 Bosque Redondo, De Baca
        > County, New Mexico.

        Another big extension! Old date I had was 9/9.

        Thanks again for sharing!!