Re: Roswell Dragonfly Festival

  • Robert A. Behrstock
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      Robert Larsen wrote:

      "The Friends had broad coordinated
      participation from the NM Department of Tourism, U.S.
      Fish and Wildlife Service (Savilleta, Bosque Del
      Apache, San Andres, and Bitter Lake National Wildlife
      Refuges, and the Jr. Duck Stamp Program folks),
      National Park Service (Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe
      Mountains National Parks), NM Game and Fish, NM State
      Parks, U.S. Bureau of Land Management, NM Department
      of Cultural Affairs, Museum of New Mexico, NM State
      Monuments, Texas A&M University, Roswell Independant
      School District, Wal-Mart, Albertson's and the City of
      Roswell (Roswell Zoo, Fire Department, and Goddard
      Planetarium), along with a Dragonfly Arts and Crafts
      Fair at Enchanted Farm for venders. The Goddard
      Planetarium had a dragonfly laser light show Saturday
      evening."

      Hi Robert,

      This sounds like a lot of fire power for an event that received virtually no
      promotion.
      I don't remember whether it was promoted on this or other dragonfly
      listservs, but certainly not aggressively so.
      Sounds like a great event and a great crowd.

      Best,
      RAB
      Robert A. Behrstock
      Naturewide Images
      10359 S. Thicket Pl.
      Hereford, AZ 85615
      Phone: (520) 378-3262
      FAX: (520) 378-0216
      N31° 22.814' W110° 10.677' c. 5,100' elev.
      http://members.cox.net/naturewideimages/Naturewide_Images_Home_Page.index.html