Damselflies from Colorado

  • Randy Emmitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2005
      Folks,

      I'm still going through my odes from my Colorado trip. These two photos
      (number 13 and 14) at http://public.fotki.com/rlephoto/odes_from_out_westc/
      were taken on the Cal-woods Butterfly Count in Boulder Co., Colorado on
      July 04, 2005. The rest of the photos were taken as tagged on the photos.

      Number 13 is I think a Boreal Bluet (Enallagma boreale) male, but I'm not
      100% sure of the ID, any help?
      Number 14 is a Pacific Forktail (Ischnura cervula) male which was a new
      species for me and the only ones found on my trip!
      Number 15 appears to be a Springwater Dancer (Argia plana) male
      Numbers 16-19 are Western Red Damsel (Amphiagrion abbreviatum) both sexes
      from two locations.
      Number 20 might be a Alkali Bluet (Enallagma clausum) female but I'm not
      100% sure.
      Number 21-22 are a female bluet of some sort, totally unable to ID this one.
      Number 23-24 is a male bluet, to tough to call an id as well.

      Thanks to those that helped on the last batch of photos. I was out of my
      normal territory for 21 days so you can expect to find more photos in the
      future as well.

      Cheers,

      Randy Emmitt
      Rougemont, NC