Welcome to SoWestOde

  • aguillard2469
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
      I wanted to wait for a few days, before I sent a message to the
      group, so that we would have some people on the list.

      Again Welcome and thank you for joining. It would be nice if
      everyone would give us a short introduction of yourself, and start
      sending messages of your sightings out in the field or any other
      discussion that's appropriate for the group.

      I live in San Diego, CA., but I have a great interest in the
      Southwestern section of the Country. I'm into birds, butterflies,
      and dragonflies. I own other list including CalBirds, SDBirds,
      SoWestLep, and CalOdes. I'm into Butterfly and Dragonfly photography
      and my web site is http://sdbirds.basiclink.com

      CalOdes has really taken off, and it has been amazing with the
      amount of information going back and forth, and sightings reports
      have increased significantly. I hope the same happens here.

      Again, thank you for joining and start posting away. Attachments are
      not permitted on the list, but you can post any photos in the photo
      section, and files in the file section. You must have a Yahoo ID to
      access the website fully.

      Douglas Aguillard
      San Diego, CA
      doug@...
    • Ann Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
        Thanks to Doug for setting up this group. I live about 1500 miles from the
        southwest but have been birding Arizona, etc. since the late 70's. About
        five years ago I really got seriously interested in odes and along the way
        ran into Pete Moulton who was another birder/odonater in the Phoenix area.

        In my "spare time" I do a lot of web development and Pete had some great
        photos of Arizona odes that needed a place for display. Combined with my
        frustration of not finding much web info on Arizona dragonflies, I put
        together a pretty unsophisticated but functional first crack at a pictorial
        checklist for Arizona using Dennis Paulson's range maps. I've not
        advertised its presence because frankly, it's not done, but if anyone is
        interested it is found at http://www.hologrambirds.com/arizona. Maybe now
        that things are really cooling off here in the north country I can get back
        at it.

        I will be heading to Phoenix to see my son in about two weeks so I hope to
        see a few messages on here before I go. Ma has to do something while the
        kids are at work!

        Looking forward to learning from you all.

        Ann Johnson
        Norwalk, IA
        41°26.89N 93°34.71W
        aj@...

[...]