CalOdes/SoWest Odes Blitz

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2014

      Just three weeks from today - don't know if this link will work as it is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/629976297074694/
      We'll be seeing such beauties as the River Jewelwing, and such rarities as the Pale Snaketail. So far we have 10 folks coming, inc. Joe Smith who will be heading the Butterfly Count part of this Blitz. Let us know if you'll be coming!! All are welcome.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2014
        Just a little more info about next year's Blitz

        Our central point will be the City of Rocks State Park which is located about halfway between Deming and Silver City in southwest NM. This is located within a few miles of Dashed Ringtails and Arizona Snaketails and other southwestern endemics. There are other areas nearby such as cienegas and hot springs that  have not even been explored yet! So, besides adding to our life lists, we'll be surveying the area.

        The state park has a couple of group areas that we are reserving for camping. There are also other campsites within the park with hookups for those in RVs. Hotels are also located in nearby Silver City and Deming, which are just a half hours drive away.

        I will make inquiries and get back to the group with information on which airports are the best to use and as the time approaches, folks may want to form mini-caravans and stop at points of interest en route.

        Hoping to see many of you there.
        Happy Solstice!!
        Kathy Biggs