CO sightings

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      Last Saturday the 26th we went to Pella Crossing and Golden Ponds.
      Besides damsels, we saw the following:

      Widow Skimmers--at least 16, all males!!
      Common Pondhawks--3, 1 male, 2 female or immatures
      Blue-eyed Darner
      Unidentified darners--4
      Striped Meadowhawk--4
      Western Meadowhawk--4
      possible Ruby Meadowhawk--but need to wait for photos for
      positive ID.

      We actually went to see if we could still find a Halloween Pennant. To
      our dismay the entire field where it was flying as well as the edges of
      the other side of the path were all mowed down!! :( Very
      disheartening!

      Yesterday the 29th we stopped at Boulder Creek Trail and saw:

      Unidentified darners -- 2
      Striped Meadowhawk -- 2 male
      Lestes sp. -- 2, male and female, but need photos to ID

      Lynn Monroe

      Biggs Family Nesting Site http://www.sonic.net/~bigsnest