Re: [CalOdes] CA-AZ Sunday drive.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2014
      Bob,

      That appears to be a new early date for Powdered Dancer, Argia moesta. Old date was
      3/24/09!

      Thanks  - I'm sharing your report with the SoWestOdes group.

      On 3/17/2014 10:04 AM, Bob Miller wrote:
      Hi all,

      Took a Sunday drive over to AZ yesterday. Stopped in a wash on Ogilby Road north of I-8 in CA. Was there for about half an hour and only walked a short distance. Had about a dozen species of birds and some fine flowering vegetation in this large wash but was amazed to have about 15 Spot-winged Glider pass through while there! Here are the coordinates for the spot which will put the oddness of it into perspective. Migration surely but no specific direction detected as they tended be go on in the direction of the shifting breezes.
      32°58'12.37"N 114°53'43.59"W

      Visited a few of the locations we did on the Ode Blitz.

      The grassy shoulder Citrine Fotktail spot near West Pond had zero odes.

      Went east up the Gila River and did some scanning at one of the river crossings which had a good number of odes.
      Red Saddlebags
      Common Green Darner
      Spot-winged Glider
      Variegated Meadowhawk
      Familiar Bluet
      Rambur's Forktail

      While walking a small remote dune area still east of Yuma I was surprised to have a lone teneral looking Powdered Dancer.

         (!__!)
         (0V0)      HAPPY BIRDING
        {}~~{}        BOB MILLER
       ='''='''==