Really - the final update of Dragonflies of N.A. III - address corrections requested.

  • IORI
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2014

      The Light at the end of the Tunnel? - 3rd edition of Dragonflies of North America will be shipping soon.

      As of Feb 20, 2014, the book was being printed and delivery is expected here in Gainesville during the week of March 10. Individual advanced ordered copies will be mailed out shortly after that.

      If you have ordered already and had an address change, please let me know NOW!

      Thank you for your patience. There have been many delays getting this book out: weather, new species reported for our southern boundaries, timing of trips by editor/publisher, format changes to printing process, etc...

      DRAGONFLIES OF NORTH AMERICA

      by James G. Needham, Minter J. Westfall, Jr., & Michael L. May. 2014. xvi +657 pp, text figures, plates (7 x 10 in), cloth. Scientific Publishers, Gainesville FL

      The long-awaited 3rd Edition monographic revision of the classic "Manual of the Dragonflies of North America", by Needham and Westfall (1955) is revised, including numerous additions and corrections for all the currently known species of North American dragonflies (Anisoptera), including all (over 355 species) from Alaska to northern Mexico and the Greater Antilles. keys to adults and known larvae allow identification these important aquatic insects. The text is completely revised by Westfall and May, with over 200 added figures for all newly discovered species.  The book includes an updated checklist to all species, a bibliography, glossary, distribution table, and index.

      The list price according to the publisher is estimated now to be $165.00. By special arrangement with the publisher The discounted sales price through IORI is $150 US deliveries, $185 Canada & Mexico, $195.00 elsewhere. (includes Shipping & handling). Price subject to change…

      Florida residents must add 6.25% sales tax.

      All funds are US and must be PAID IN ADVANCE by check or money order made payable to "International Odonata Research Institute" or I.O.R.I. All profits will go to the International Odonata Research Institute..

      VISA/MC CARD ORDERS use PAYPAL to pay online: Only 3% surcharge (use the formula X/. 97)  [email your order to iodonata@... and you will be reverse billed though your email – Paypal account is not necessary using this method]

      Bill Mauffray

      International Odonata Research Institute

      4525 NW 53RD LN

      Gainesville FL 32653

      352-219-3141 cell

      iodonata@...