3 - Announcements from IORI

  • IORI
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2014

      1.      Southeast Dragonfly Society of the Americas meeting info link (that actually works now)

      http://loving.corral.tacc.utexas.edu/odonata/OdonataCentral/index.php/PageAction.get/name/SEDSA2014

      Please RSVP is attending. There is a huge soccer tournament here  in the Gainesville that weekend  which is tying up quite a few motel rooms. Rooms are still available however.

      2.    BACK ISSUES OF ODONATOLOGICA AVAILABLE FROM IORI: drastic reduction in price due to needed shelf space: DISCOUNT for many full year sets 80%; Discount for individual issues 70% [1986 and later] ; Discounts for earlier [1972-1985] issues- 50%; Disocunts for orders placed by Mar 15, 2014. SEND email request for list of available numbers.

      3.      Update regarding 3rd edition of Dragonflies of North America: The copy was finished in December, but due to a formatting incompatability with the printer, the final draft had to be scanned by the publisher into the correct final format. This will ship this week to the printer. The proof is expected by Feb 10 and one the proof is checked, it will take 2-3 week for the book to be printed and bound. SO now it looks like we are only 4-5 weeks from getting the books.

      If you have not ordered it yet please email me for the current rate. I was able to secure 40 more copies at the $145 US delivery rate.

      Bill Mauffray

      International Odonata Research Institute

      4525 NW 53RD LN

      Gainesville FL 32653

      352-219-3141 cell

      iodonata@...